Today is Earth Day, a day of awareness for creating a eco-friendly, healthier environment for future generations. Recycling pre-owned lighting keeps it out of the land fills. It also enhances the beauty of your home, while instilling a sense of value to the history of past generations and their interior design and decorating. It’s a great method for teaching your family to appreciate Antiques or Family Heirlooms, various Art Work, and Trade Skills.
With just a bit of searching in local area shops, or on the internet for “Antique Lamps”, “Vintage Lamps” or “Vintage lamp shades”, you can discover great shapes, styles, materials, and colors. Earth colors are very popular right now, greening your home in shades of ivory, tan, browns, golds, greens, blues will enhance your decor.
Even using an old lamp with a new shade, or vice versa will benefit Mother Earth, and keep nice old pieces out of the trash.
Here’s a few ideas:
- This small 1940s Art Deco Pottery Vanity Boudoir, Desk or Table Lamp is Forest Green and reminds me of Gonder or California Potteries art work of the Mid 20th Century 40s and 50s.
- For the New Baby’s Room, a Vintage 1950s Wooden Rocking Horse Electric Nursery Lamp & Shade comes in Cream, Green, and Peach painted wood, with a Cream and Green Ruffled Plastic shade. As you switch the light, the horse rocks.
- This Aladdin Pottery Electric Table Lamp in Blue Iridescent Lustre and Gold was made in similar styles to the Aladdin Alacite Glass Lamps.
- Vintage Miniature Oil Lamps are just plain fun! This Mini Copper Oil Lamp with Chimney & Copper Shade will add sparkle to any room.
Do you like the old Kerosene Oil Style Student Desk Lamps or Gone with the Wind Style Parlor Table Lamps? There are so many of these lovely lamps that have been knocked over and had their shades broken. The lamps are still beautiful and in working order, but no longer have a shade.
There are lots of pre-owned or brand new Glass Lighting Replacement Student Shades or Gone with the Wind lampshades or Cone Pendant Light Shades available in earth colors. Quite often, if you ask a seller, they may have things that you don’t even see.
Our Tias Midwest Emporium Store is having a Special Earth Day Promotion.
If you use this link to our TIAS Midwest Emporium, then use Coupon Code EarthDay2011 during Secure Check-out, you can Save 10 cents off every dollar purchased.
Coupon is Valid on all items $9.00 or More. Valid April 22 – 24, 2011. Not Valid through Google Check-out.
Go Green — Spend Earth Day and Every Day watching for interesting, useful and eye pleasing items that you can recycle.
You may find the following Lighting Replacement HOW TO Articles helpful:
- How to Choose the Correct Kerosene or Oil Lamp Chimney
- How to Measure for a Electric Lamp Chimney
- How to Measure Student, Gone with the Wind, Hurricane, Fixture, Ball, and Globe Shades.